AWS re:Invent is next month, and we are pleased to announce that Algorithmia CEO, Diego Oppenheimer, will be speaking on the new software development lifecycle (SDLC) for machine learning. Often we get variations on this question: how can we adapt our infrastructure, operations, staffing, and training to meet the challenges of ML without throwing away everything that already works? Diego is prepared with answers. His talk will cover how machine learning (ML) will fundamentally change the way we build and maintain applications.
Currently, many data science and ML deployment teams are struggling to fit an ML workflow into tools that don’t make sense for the job. This session will help clarify the differences between traditional and ML-driven SDLCs, cover common challenges that need to be overcome to derive value from ML, and provide answers to questions about current technological trends in ML software. Finally, Diego will outline how to build a process and tech stack to bring efficiency to your company’s ML development.
Diego’s talk will be on 4 December at 1:40pm in the Nuvola Theater in the Aria.
Coming soon: the 2020 State of Enterprise Machine Learning Report
Additionally, Diego will share insights from our upcoming 2020 State of Enterprise Machine Learning survey report, which will be an open-source guide for how the ML landscape is evolving. The report will focus on these findings:
- Shifts in the number of data scientists employed at companies in all industries and what that portends for the future of ML
- Use case complexity and customer-centric applications in smaller organizations
- ML operationalization (having a deployed ML lifecycle) capabilities (and struggles) across all industries
- Trends in ML challenges: scale, version-control, model reproducibility, and aligning a company for ML goals
- Time to model deployment and wasted time
- What determines ML success at the producer level (data scientist and engineer) and at the director and VP level
Pick up a copy of the report at Algorithmia’s booth.
Diego and his team will be available throughout the week to answer questions about infrastructure specifics, ML solutions, and new use cases at Booth 311.
Meet with our team
If you or your team will be in Las Vegas for re:Invent this year, we want to meet with you. Our sales engineers would love to cater a demo of Algorithmia’s product for your specific needs and demonstrate our latest features. Book some time with us!
Read the full press report here.