Input has form
- Information to encode, which is a String but may have additional constraints depending upon the format, for instance EAN 8 requires an 8 digit number and will fail on other inputs. Consult the documentation on each individual standard to clarify.
- A String file path in the Algorithmia Data API format, for example, "data://util/GeneratedQRCodes/".
- A filename without a file exentsion, such as "myBarcode".
- A file extension, such as "jpg" or "png".
- A String denoting the desired barcode format. See below for options.
- An int denoting the height of the barcode (in pixels) to produce. 200 seems to work as a default in most cases.
- An int denoting the width of the barcode (in pixels) to produce. 200 seems to work as a default in most cases.
The algorithm returns the full path of the generated barcode (file path + name + "." + suffix).
This is based on the zxing library (https://github.com/zxing/zxing).
Options for barcode format include
- "AZTEC" for the 2D Aztec Code (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aztec_Code). Aztec is readable /util/BarcodeReader.
- "CODE_39" for 1D Code 39 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code_39). This only accepts a certain set of characters and will fail if given a wrong character.
- CODE_128 for 1D Code 128 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code_128). CODE 128 is readable by /util/BarcodeReader.
- DATA_MATRIX for the 2D Data Matrix code (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_Matrix). This format can be generated but cannot currently be read by /util/BarcodeReader.
- EAN_8 for 1D EAN 8 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EAN-8). This is not currently readable by /util/BarcodeReader.
- EAN-13 for 1D EAN 13 (). Must be 13 digits, the last of which is a checksum digit, for instance, "0075678164125." This format is not currently readable by /util/BarcodeReader.
- ITF for Interleaved Two of Five (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interleaved_2_of_5).
- "PDF_417" for PDF 417 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PDF417). This is a stacked linear barcode that is readable by /util/BarcodeReader.
- "QR_CODE" for 2D QR Codes (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QR_code). This is readable by /util/BarcodeReader. For simplicity it is probably better to use /util/QRCodeGenerator and /util/QRCodeReader.
- "UPC_A" for UPC A (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Product_Code). This is not currently readable by /util/BarcodeReader.